What is Float
Float let’s you to keep tabs on your credit score and credit report. Float is the only app that gives you the ability to share your credit score or credit report with others. You can also follow the credit of your friends and family as long as they give you permission. Float is always free to use.
Why do I need Float
It’s more important than ever to stay on top of your credit report. Here are a few reasons to use Float:
- Keep track of your own credit. Always know what information credit providers know about you and what information your lenders are reporting to credit bureaus about you.
- Protect older relatives from financial fraud by keeping an eye on their credit report.
- Get free financial tips and advice to help yourself and others improve their credit score or maintain a great score.
- Share your credit score with trusted friends without giving them your Social Security Number. Request the credit of friends without having to pay for a full report and without affecting their credit score.
- Request the credit of roommates or tenants without having to pay for a full report and without affecting their credit score.
- Make sure your college age kids are being financially responsible as they start taking out credit for the first time.
Does Float affect my credit score?
Float does what is called a “soft pull” on your credit report, so no activity on Float ever affects your credit score or the credit score of anyone you follow.
How do I get it?
Simply install the app and verify your identity via our easy sign up flow. You will have access to all your credit data from Equifax. Credit reports are verified, secure and updated every two weeks.
You invite friends to follow you - via simple controls in the app.
What do the different colors and emojis mean?
Credit Scores: 781 - 850
Credit Scores: 661 - 780
Credit Scores: 601 - 660
Credit Scores: 500 - 600
Needs some love
Credit Scores: 300 - 499
Do you store or share my financial information?
We take the security of your financial information and personal very seriously. Your info is stored only on your personal device, not on our servers. We only pull new credit information at the time you log into the app. We never share your financial information with anyone or any company (other than the friends and family that you explicitly approve.)
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Send us an email at email@example.com